Michelin North America is launching its next generation on- and off-road drive tire optimized for improved traction, toughness and wear performance. The Michelin X Works D is designed for the construction, energy, concrete and logging sectors operating in mixed use conditions.
The Michelin X Works D tire features the following:
- Full-tread-depth lateral groove tread patterns to provide optimum balance between stability for increased wear and improved rubber-to-void ratio for maximum traction
- Teardrop sipes in the tire, which open as they wear to provide additional traction
- 15% longer tire life compared to the Michelin X Works XDY tire
- Four steel belts at the crown of the tire to protect from shock, impact and road hazards for enhanced durability and puncture resistance
- Stone ejectors and tear drop sipes incorporated around the center block to fight stone retention and drilling. The Michelin X Works D retains 25% fewer stones when new compared to the previous generation Michelin X Works XDY.
- Retreadable casing
“Vehicles working in off-road conditions encounter rock, gravel, mud, debris and other demanding conditions but still have to meet critical deadlines. Safety is key and downtime is costly,” said Justin Brock, marketing manager of construction at Michelin. “We started the design process of this tire with the customer. We not only gathered insights, but also put the tires to the test on fleets using it in some of the most demanding environments.”
The new Michelin X Works D tire is available in the United States and Canada in 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 sizes in load range LRH. X Works D is backed by Michelin’s six-month Road Hazard Guarantee.